SHOWstudio is looking for a talented full-time film editor to join the team. The successful applicant must have extensive knowledge of Premiere Pro, including offline editing, effects, masking and colour grading. They must have a strong understanding of video compressions and conversions with programs such as Media Encoder. Ideally the applicant would have experience editing interview content, able to quickly and precisely sync audio and follow timecodes. Along with very strong technical ability the applicant should have enthusiasm for fashion and film, as well as a creative, motivated approach. We are looking for someone to work under SHOWstudio's Head of Fashion Film, Raquel Couceiro, on a long term basis as a film editor. If selected the applicant will be working on our interview series such as ‘In Fashion’, ‘Best in Show’, ‘In Conversation’, ‘Head to Head’ and many more.
Responsibilities will include:
- Handling a number of editing projects, including interview series, process films, live streams, re-streams and social media assets such as Instagram stories and Instagram videos.
- Preparing films for the site, inserting title cards, processing video compressions and uploading videos in multiple platforms.
- Preparing video footage for the edit and transferring files to an edit friendly format.
- Uploading videos to the site and to our social network outlets such as Facebook, Youtube and Vimeo.
- Assisting on SHOWstudio shoots, handling stream cameras, vision mixing and capturing video footage.
- You must be a quick problem solver who can turn around edits quickly.
- You must be able to take direction and work well within a team.
- You must have a strong appreciation of Fashion Film and SHOWstudio’s legacy.
Ideally the candidate will reside in the London area. Salary depends on previous experience.
Please send your CV, covering letter and examples of editing work to firstname.lastname@example.org.