SHOWstudio are now hiring for the position of Second Photographic Assistant. The successful candidate will report directly to SHOWstudio Director, Nick Knight and will assist on all Knight’s fashion shoots, as well as SHOWstudio projects.
The position entails a minimum of 3 years working alongside Knight, with the potential to progress to Knight’s First Assistant. This position would be well suited to a driven individual who is passionate about both Knight’s work and SHOWstudio.
- Supporting Knight with his day-to-day tasks and schedule.
- Preparing and assisting for photographic and film shoots.
- Liaising with producers and the in-house Production Coordinator.
- Preparing lighting equipment.
- Live-streaming Knight’s selected shoots as well as SHOWstudio’s fashion week panel discussions.
- Filming and producing stills for SHOWstudio's various interview series and projects.
- Backing up data on all projects and shoots, and archiving hard drives.
- Photographing stock for SHOWstudio’s e-commerce site.
- Desired skills and experience:
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Hands-on working approach.
- Ability to work individually and in a busy team.
- Competent in high-pressure environments.
- Extensive knowledge of photographic equipment, in particular Broncolor flash equipment.
- Experience filming on a variety of projects.
- Experience with Photoshop and Capture One programs.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation.
- Full clean driving licence (optional).
- Valid passport (at least six months).
- Flexibility (some projects will include travelling and working over weekends).
Please send your CV, covering letter, examples of personal work and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 'First-name Surname, Photographic Assistant' within the subject line of your email.
The position is available from 25 March 2019.